Table

Done is good. But done well is so much f***in' bettah.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Lunch: Hummus Melt w/Veggies

I burned the shit outta my finger making this today, but I think it was worth it. Nothing fancy, really, which is why it is perfect for making at lunchtime. Sautee zukes, onion, red & green pepper. When the onions begin to brown a little, add salt & pepp and a dash of red wine vinegar, lower heat and cover pan. Let them simmer and carmelize for a few minutes. While the veggies are cooking, brush two pieces of nice bread w/olive oil on one side. Smear inside with hummus (yes, both sides...this is important for stickage and delicious factor). Place done veggies on one side of bread and into pan. On top of veggies, put a few pieces of cheese ( i used vermont cheddar, completely ignoring my wisconsin roots). Place other piece of bread on top, and grill both sides of sammie. The hummus glue keeps it all together. Would have been great with a coke, but I had to settle for water (boo). I ate it with one hand, while the other throbbed in pain, the tips of two fingers covered in solarcaine and held in ice water. Poor me. But lucky you, if you make this sammie and don't hurt yourself doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home