Table

Done is good. But done well is so much f***in' bettah.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Pasketti & Meatballs

I've been hungry for meat lately, not sure why, but I decided to try making meatballs. I'm usually not a huge fan of pasta, but I had some leftover whole wheat spaghetti from when Dean was here, so I figured why not make Sketti&Meatballs. I think it turned out pretty well... Here's the recipe, made from a tip here and a tip there off the lovely FoodNetwork. Any suggestions/variations are invited...

Sauce:
I actually only had Muir Glen organic sauce in the house, no tomates or paste, so I just used that, but spiced it up a bit... threw garlic, onions, 1/2 red & 1/2 green bell peppers, chopped thickly---i like chunky sauce--- into a pan w/evoo. Added in the sauce after, then abt a 1/2 cup of chianti, a few bay leaves, and a little sugar.

Balls:
I had a lb of grassfed organic ground beef from Ard's Farm Market, added in the other half of the onion, 3 cloves garlic, an egg, paprika, sweet basil (wish i had fresh parsley), salt & pep, 1/4 cup parmesean, and two pieces of wholegrain bread run under the faucet and sqeezed out. Oh and a splash or two of chianti. Rolled into balls and seared in HIGH heat, then thrown into the sauce to cook the rest of the way.

It was really easy, only took abt 25 mins, and was super yummy and a little sweet. Perfect for a rainy night (it's still chilly here in central PA) and a movie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

i like the glenlivet behind the spaghetti and balls.

9:48 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

it is not a rare occasion to find some fine whiksey playing backup for a good set of balls.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home